Operating for 9 years, APOD has reached 100,000 registered members.
Congratulations to Corey D.
You are the 100,000th DVA Card holder to register with APOD!
You will receive a $200 WISH e-gift Card from APOD soon!
APOD is now a community of 100,000 DVA Card holder members!
We are grateful to each member for being a part of APOD. Thank you for being a part of this wonderful community.
How did we get here?
APOD is the Official Veterans Recognition Platform providing savings to defence families.
Rebecca wearing her then husband’s jacket after a dining in night
In 2012 whilst her husband was deployed overseas with the Army, Ms Rebecca Waller identified a need that more needed to be done to recognise and reward those who have and were serving from the business community.
Importantly, this also included the nuclear family as Rebecca had the personal experience that when one person serves, the whole family serves.
From this, Australian Partners of Defence (APOD) was established.
Partnership with Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Since 2019, through a partnership with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA), APOD has been the Official veteran benefits platform, with DVA providing free access to all veteran card holders and APOD extending this to their spouse. This means anyone who has served more than one day’s continuous full-time service and has a DVA Veteran Card can access APOD for free.
APOD exclusively recognises and rewards defence and veteran families by providing access to discounts and other benefits from our business partners providing everyday savings as a small way of recognition.
APOD in the defence and veteran community
APOD feels honoured in working with the defence and veteran community. A few of the flagship community events that APOD has been a part of over the years include:
- Operation Bushfire Assist.
- Walk for a Veteran with PTSD.
- Legacy Walk.
- Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
- Anzac Day.
- Remembrance Day.
- CEO Sleepout.
Recognising those who serve
Some of our highlights this year include:
- Over 100,000 Veteran Card holders are now registered to access discounts through APOD.
- Over 3,000 businesses promote exclusive offers through APOD, ranging from national organisations like AGL and Ampol to local, veteran-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.
- We now have over 21,000 participating business outlets across Australia which show the incredible and far-reaching impact this initiative has had in 9 years.
- 25% of all new offers are from veteran business owners and entrepreneurs and it’s been great to see our members rally and support their own.
We understand from personal experience, that when one person serves, the whole family serves. We’re also proud to employ veterans, spouses, and family members of those who have served, as this is at the heart of what APOD is all about.
If you’ve served or know someone who has, we encourage you to sign up to APOD by visiting www.apod.com.au and help spread the word to your networks so that we can connect every veteran with every business that supports them!